Enduring transformative change for our place and people.
We are focused on delivering in enduring transformative change through growing and supporting smart, informed philanthropy.
We are the Community Foundation for Christchurch City and the Selwyn and Waimakariri Districts.
Our focus is on:
- Making it easier for philanthropists to give to our community by providing philanthropic advisory and administration services to support their giving.
- Supporting and growing business generosity and its impact.
- Helping those living overseas to give back to causes in greater Ōtautahi Christchurch, and wider New Zealand, easily and where able tax efficiently.
- Managing passthrough/project giving as well as endowment giving where the gifted capital is invested to generate income making funds available for distribution in perpetuity.
- Developing, find funding for, and delivering projects that are aligned to our residents’ aspirations, that aren’t being delivered by others, and where a champion is required to deliver outcomes that our community wants and needs to thrive. This includes when disasters strike where we collect and distribute funds in a way that builds resilience and empowers our communities and is equitable.
- Building and nurturing a thriving philanthropic infrastructure including improving the diversity and skills of those working in the not-for-profit sector to ensure that the sector is fit for future and effective.
- Acting as a catalyst bringing individuals, organisations, and businesses together to collaborate for positive change and intergenerational impact.
Together we can make greater Ōtautahi Christchurch better now, and for future generations.
Better City Business Learning at Lunch #3
Friday 8 March 2024
1pm - 2.30pm
The third in the series of workshops we offer to our Better City Businesses to help them be a better business. In this session, Amy Carter will assist you in developing an effective communication and engagement programme to help you create internal advocates and achieve wider stakeholder buy in for your CSR programme.
Humphry Rolleston - Founding Chair
“We aim to encourage and celebrate a new generation of philanthropists and promote greater Christchurch as a global centre for progressive ideas.”