News 2021 Women's Fund Grant Applications Now Open
Calling all female champions, campaigners and change-makers!
We’re thrilled to announce that it’s that time of the year again, where we can start searching for another three fabulous wahine working at the grassroots in our city to inspire future female leaders.
Our city has a proud tradition of women facilitating ground-breaking societal change. In order to recognise this, and to ensure that this proud legacy continues, we formed a fund to support women and girls in our city with grants of $2,000 thanks to a community of generous women.
To apply to the Women's Fund, you just need to be based in Christchurch and be committed to creating positive change for women and girls.
We will be accepting nominations from today Friday 6th August through to Friday 20th August 2021.
We’ve tried to keep this as simple as possible as we know you are extremely busy people!
1. Contact Nicole (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for the application form and send it back to us.
2. Prepare a short video about your work or project. This video will be shared with our judges.
3. On or around Friday, September 10, we will notify you if you are successful.
4. Award winners are to attend the High Tea on the 17th of September at 2.00pm.
What about the video?
Keep it simple: We’re not looking for broadcast quality here! Just a quick video using your phone or computer will be more than enough – the important thing is that we get an understanding of your passion for your work or project.
Some things to remember:
1. Introduce yourself – your name and your project.
2. Tells us about why you got started with this project.
3. What outcome or outcomes are you hoping to achieve?
4. How would you use the $2,000 award in your work?
5. What are you most proud of to-date in the work you’ve been doing?
6. Finally, share a piece of great advice you’ve received or learned in life.
Who can be nominated or apply?
These awards are for those who identify as a women or girl, living in Greater Christchurch.
· Your work to improve lives and make change happen will be aimed at addressing the needs of families, or women and girls who face disadvantage and gender-based inequality, in our city and surrounds.
· You will be a leader – the champion or person who makes things happen.
· You won’t be running a big or well-funded charity or project.
· You will be Christchurch based.
· What your doing can be described as charitable activity, i.e. you don’t make a profit from it.
What happens if I’m successful?
You’ll receive an invitation to attend the High Tea on the 17th of September. In return we ask the following:
· That you share your story so we can celebrate it.
· Be prepared to be photographed, and to provide a quote for the media.
· Acknowledge the Women’s Fund in any related communications that you might do (such as a newsletter).
· Let us film you sharing your story which we will then share on our platforms and to media etc.