News Women's Fund Application process for 2019 - now closed
Celebrating champions, campaigners and change-makers.
Applications are now open for the 2019 Women's Fund Awards.
Our city has a proud tradition of women facilitating ground-breaking societal change. In order to recognise this, and to ensure that this proud legacy continues, we formed a fund to support women and girls in our city who are change makers.
2019 marks the first year that we will be issuing grants to aid the women in girls in our city that are making a difference.
Three awards of $2000.00 will be given. We are only new, as the fund grows so will our ability to give more awards out!
How do I nominate someone, or apply myself?
We will be accepting nominations from today Friday 16 August through to Friday 13 September 2019.
We’ve tried to keep this as simple as possible as we know you are extremely busy people!
1. Contact Julia (email@example.com) and ask for the application form and send it back to us.
2. Prepare a shot video about your work or project. This video will be shared with our judges.
3. On or around the 16th we will notify you if you are successful.
4. Award winners are to attend the High Tea on the 19th of September at 1.30pm.
What about the video?
Keep it simple
We’re not looking for broadcast quality here! Just a quick video using your phone or computer will be more than enough – the important thing is that we get an understanding of your work, and of course your passion.
Some things to remember.
1. Introduce yourself – your name and your project.
2. Tells us about why you got started with this project.
3. What outcome or outcomes are you hoping to achieve?
4. How would you use the $2,000 award in your work?
5. What are you most proud of to-date in the work you’ve been doing?
6. Finally, share a piece of great advice you’ve received or learned in life.
Who can be nominated or apply?
These awards are for those who identify as a women or girl, living in Greater Christchurch.
· Your work to improve lives and make change happen will be aimed at addressing the needs of families, or women and girls who face disadvantage and gender-based inequality, in our city and surrounds.
· You will be a leader – the champion or person who makes things happen.
· You won’t be running a big or well-funded charity or project.
· You will be Christchurch based.
· What your doing can be described as charitable activity, i.e. you don’t make a profit from it.
What happens if I’m successful?
You’ll receive an invitation to attend the High Tea on the 19th of September. In return we ask the following:
· That you share your story so we can celebrate it.
· Be prepared to be photographed, and to provide a quote for the media.
· Acknowledge the Women’s Fund in any related communications that you might do (such as a newsletter).
· Let us film you sharing your story which we will then share on our platforms and to media etc.