News Applications for 2022 Women's Fund Now Open
Are you a Wahine in Christchurch wanting to do something amazing to help the community?
We’re always excited when it’s that time of the year again, where we can start searching for another three fabulous women working at the grassroots level in our city with their amazing project.
Our city has a proud tradition of women facilitating ground-breaking societal change. To ensure that this proud legacy continues, we formed a fund to support women and girls in our city with micro grants of $2,000, thanks to a community of generous women.
To apply to the Women's Fund, you just need to be based in Christchurch and be committed to creating positive change for women and girls.
We will be accepting nominations from today Monday 15th of August through to Wednesday 31st August 2022.
We’ve tried to keep this as simple as possible as we know you are extremely busy people!
1. Fill out this form and send it to Julia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Prepare a short video about your work or project. This video will be shared with our judges. You can use wetransfer for free if it’s too large to email Julia
3. At the beginning of September we will notify you if you are successful.
4. Award winners are to attend the High Tea on the 19th of September at 1.00pm.
What should you include in the video?
Keep it simple: We’re not looking for broadcast quality here! Just a quick video using your phone or computer will be more than enough – the important thing is that we get an understanding of your passion for your work or project.
Some things to remember:
1. Introduce yourself – your name and your project.
2. Tells us about why you got started with this project.
3. What outcome or outcomes are you hoping to achieve?
4. How would you use the $2,000 award in your work?
5. What are you most proud of to-date in the work you’ve been doing?
Who can be nominated or apply?
These awards are for those who identify as a women or girl, living in Greater Christchurch.
· Your work to improve lives and make change happen will be aimed at addressing the needs of families, or women and girls who face disadvantage and gender-based inequality, in our city and surrounds.
· You will be a leader – the champion or person who makes things happen.
· You won’t be running a big or well-funded charity or project.
· You will be Christchurch based.
· What your doing can be described as charitable activity, i.e. you don’t make a profit from it.
What happens if I’m successful?
You’ll receive an invitation to attend the High Tea on the 19th of September. In return we ask the following:
· That you share your story so we can celebrate it.
· Be prepared to be photographed, and star in a video about your work
· Acknowledge the Women’s Fund in any related communications that you might do (such as a newsletter).
Good luck! Can’t wait to hear about your work.