News FY22 Annual Report
2022 Financial Results
On December 14th we held our AGM and released our inaugural Impact Report for the 2022FY (ending 30 June).
This year was for us, like many, mixed. The global pandemic impacted our planned activity but also provided us with opportunities to support our community when it needed it most.
In 2022 we raised, or facilitated gifting, in cash $1.218M. We distributed, or passed on, $1.149M to causes across greater Christchurch.
We incurred an operational cash shortfall of $147,695, which due to sensible fiscal management since our establishment, we have the reserves to absorb.
The shortfall primarily occurred to less operational funding being secured than what was budgeted. Our expenditure was in line with what was planned.
We have $142,159 in operational reserves remaining as of 30 June 2022. Operational revenue for the 2023 FY is on track and we have secured additional partner support.
2022 was a highly productive year. Some highlights are:
* Support for the pandemic response including action as a conduit between food manufacturers and foodbanks, as well as facilitation of funding directly to programmes that supported our most vulnerable.
* Completion of the Impact Review (Dec 2021) by Rose Challies, a global expert in measuring the work of our sector, and her conclusion that we are an organisation that is making a positive impact for our community.
* Our support for the LGBTQIA+ community with over 400 people attending the Walk of Support and delivery of the highly successful Kahukura Ball.
* Completion of the establishment of the UK entity and funds being to flow. $438k has been transferred for the repair of the Christ Church Anglican Cathedral.
* A further 10,160 trees planted in the Tui Corridor bringing the total to over 24,000.
* A partnership with Environment Canterbury to grow funding to support ecological restoration and innovation in productive land use.
* Growing the pool of young people skilled and willing to take leadership roles in the not-for-profit sector through Generation Give and the Philanthropy Internship programmes.
As you can see above supporting The Christchurch Foundation grows the resources, capability and capacity of the purpose sector in our city and surrounding districts.
Thank you for all the businesses and individuals that have invested in us, helped grow our network and given through us. Together we are making an impact.