OPOC Education Fund
The Our People, Our City (OPOC) Education Fund is a long-term legacy for the identified children of those killed or injured by bullets on 15 March 2019.
The beneficiaries are entitled to up to $15,000 in post-secondary education, available from 18 years of age.
OPOC Education Grants are:
- Are for identified children of the deceased or bullet injured in the mosque attacks on 15 March 2019 who were aged 18 or younger, including babies born in 2019.
- Are for the purposes of supporting post-secondary education or training.
- Can be used for:
- Fees (invoices will need to be submitted),
- Living costs whilst studying (proof of rental agreement/residence must be provided), or
- Training (proof of course attendance must be provided).
- Can be used overseas.
Beneficiaries are expected to share the following information:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Course name and institution
- Proof of enrolment (Many different formats accepted, most frequently this is a screenshot of the student's account)
- Bank account details for us to process the grant (money) transfer
To access grants and ask questions - please email Kim at: OPOCEducation@christchurchfoundation.org.nz or call 027 620 3208.
The OPOC Education Fund continues to accept donations via the Donate Now button below.